Tuesday

Introducing: The Pad Man

Today I would like to introduce Jakob Schweppenhäuser, our electronic drummer, who you might remember transformed into a hotheaded skeleton on stage.



His triggers all kinds of samples on his pad, also including bass samples and all kinds of different sounds. It makes his role very, very important and replaces all backtrack stuff we used before basicly Jakob sets us free! I learned about him through his other "band" Schwth, an electronic act featuring the dansih poet Morten Søndergaard (who I will get back to later). Please go tjeck out their webpage, finally a site that challanges the "normal" way of presenting your music on the internet.
Furthermore he also started making some programmed drums for me for the new songs, and I´m working on a track right now, where the drums takes the lead, and decides where I should go....take a listen to a little snippet from the drumtrack he gave me:


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that it is difficult to write comments in this blog, because of google sign in (it takes a long time and then kick me out) or maybe the denmark language on the ENTER links. I'm not sure but it looks like the comment goes to vacum.

Petr Matas

Anonymous said...

Aha, finally I know why all my comments was not published ... I submitted the comments clicking the right button (vis eksempel) because I thought that the right button is always like ENTER - LEAVE THE COMMENT. I have to learn danish better. Riht now I know from translate.google.com that vis eksempel does not mean "PUBLISH COMMENT".

Petr Matas
(Czech Republic, Prague)

Petr Matas said...

The google sign in here doesn't work also. I had to goes back and publish comments as anonym. It doesn't depend, but good to know.

Petr Matas said...

I found his and Emil Thomsen's SCHWTH myspace.com/schwth. I'm not sure if Jakob Schweppenhäuser is the author of drum arrangements in Knight Song and Slabiak records. Or it is Emil Thomsen or Marie Hojlund's work? I adore the drum arrangements on Knight Song and Slabiak, but because that ones are more natural (less electro) than the DL10 remix or the little snippet here in the blog entry, I guess that Knight Song and Slabiak beats are not Jakob's beats. Or they are?

marybell said...

Good that you found out about the comments!!
Emil and I made the drums on Knightsong and Slabiak, and actually Q made the idea for the Slabiak drums. Jakob made the DL10 drums! I will put the lyrics up for the hole album soon, I promise.

Unknown said...

I was nearly sure that the drums on Knight Song is your and Emils idea. But who is the "Q"? My second favourite drums on The More are in Pitch Black Space. This song is most progressive Marybell Katastrophy song for me. The Knight song is most beautifull and most musically advanced - I'm learning the melodies on guitar (hard work, there are diffucult melodies). I hope that in several years, I will teach the song singing to my little girl Natalka, she is 10 months now ).

contact: musmkh@hum.au.dk said...

Q is our drummer, he has his own band Beta Satan, and I have played with him for many years (we have a past in Tiger Tunes together). Emil made the Pitch Black Space drums, and it's really sounds like a crazy challange to try and play them on guitar. I often tried to do the same, so I could play alone sometimes, but always dropped the idea...so tell me if you succed that would be awsome!

Petr Matas said...

I'm trying to learn all Knight Song melodies on guitar, not Pitch Black Space. This blog wakes me up a little bit, so I will try continue today again.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks