Thursday

Teaser

Here is a little snippet from our newest song Difference that I told you about before - Morten Søndergaard made the lyrics and Q is playing the drums on the track. The pictures are from our last gig at Aarhus University - where Q didn´t play the drums, but took a lot of pictures as you see:

Difference Teaser from marybell katastrophy on Vimeo.



We have great plans with this song, as we invited some danish artists we know to make other versions of the song - a hole coleection of Different Differences!
We will of course get back to this later when the music is ready from Bronson Brothers, Jens Mønsted, Cabin Fever, Darling Don´t Dance, Beta Satan and hopefully more....

5 comments:

Petr Matas said...

I like the drums arrangements, also bass line - difference between bass melody and voice melody is nice, but I'm in love with the drums snare sixteenths breaks especially.

I commented only new things in the song just because it is new for me to listen arrangements also. I know the voice melody of the song well from first video from studio and from Italy hostel because I saw it many times.

Unknown said...

Can you publish the lyrics of the song? Morten Søndergaard would agree I guess.

Death Sucks a lot said...

I like the teaser piece of the song more and more. Much more that the acapella version that I'm familiar with from past (months). The arrangements are simply perfect, it has strong feel, less electro than typical sound of Marybell Katastrophy but it is not minus or plus, it is only different way of sound - a progress to more natural and less electro sound (I like the electro sound but Difference sound also). It reminds me a Siouxsie & The Banshees, Killing Joke or Swans a little bit, or Love & Rockets from period of LP "Seventh Dreams Of Teenage Heaven", especially the The Dog-End Of A Day Gone By song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ2d9DRJQSw - my nearly favorite drum arrangement ever.

Petr Matas said...

I played the teaser to my wife Jana without information what it is and I have asked her how it sounds like to her. She said "Siouxsie & The Banshees" and then she asked "it wasn't Siouxsie & The Banshees?". She thought that it was some song that she don't know. And she likes that one.

contact: musmkh@hum.au.dk said...

I diden´t even know Siouxsie & The Banshee, but boy I like it! thank you for the eyeopener!